Home Styling & e-decorating Packages
Recycled Interiors home styling and e-decorating services focus is on reuse, rearrange, recycle, upcycle, vintage, secondhand, locally made, sustainable and eco friendly furniture, homewares, products and materials. I do not take a generic approach with packages or "styles" to choose from - I work from YOU, your needs, budget and preferences. Each consult is focused on getting the result you desire.
Are you wondering how to make a particular room look and feel the way you imagine? Have you tried to work out how to pull a room together but it never seems to work out? Or maybe you are simply time poor like many of us, and need someone else to come in a create the home you dream of?
My clients love a beautiful home that is all their own, with a sustainable touch. I can work with you on your next decorating project and help you with advice on reusing, rearranging and upcycling items you already have, to create a new look. Where new items are needed, I will provide advice on sustainable options for your fittings, fixtures, finishes, homewares and furnishings.
For clients all over Australia, I can provide you with links for where to source these, as well as mood boards for putting the room/s together, via my e-decorating & styling services. I also offer a full in person decorating service in the Adelaide area.
In your e-styling consult we will work through what you can do to be more sustainable in your choice of furniture, finishes and so on - and then you can create your look, confident in your choices. Or I can do the leg work for you and source any new items with industry discounts on some of these, for additional costs.
We will look at current layout and design, what items may be able to be reused, what additional items could be recommended; develop concepts for mood boards; project needs, timelines and most importantly how you would love your home to feel and look.
If more time is needed, after the first consultation I will provide a written quote and plan for the full project with my recommendations.
Head here to grab the discount on your first consult for our community members.
One Off E-Styling Consult & Healthy Home Assessment - $269 per room
- 1 hour video consultation via Skype/Zoom
- I will send you a questionnaire and ask you to send me images of your room (multiple rooms can be purchased at a reduced price)
- Initial Mood Board with my suggestions for your room and what will work best
- A full decorating plan so you can take a step by step approach to the project
- A suggested list of places you can source what you need for your room (Or I can source these for additional costs)
- What materials and finishes are best from a sustainable point
- For additional costs I can also source items for you at less then retail price in many cases
- Head here to book your one off e-styling & decorating package
Full Styling/Decorating package
- All styling/decorating packages start with an initial 1 hour consultation $220 via telephone/skype or in person in Adelaide Head here to book the consult
- Rates after this will be $90 per hour. After the initial consult, further work will be quoted prior to starting, so you know what the costs will be. A package will be worked out if there are more than a few hours work, depending on the size and needs of the project. Additional costs may apply for travel and installation in the Adelaide area - travel costs of $60 for locations more than 30 minutes from my location apply; and additional project costs may apply.
- Payment for the first consultation is required in full prior to the consultation.
- To book your first consultation make the payment and then send me an email with your project brief and contact details, and I will be back in touch within 4 business days with a questionnaire to help me get started.
Holiday rental styling
Do you have a holiday let, Air BnB or other rental home? It is important that you create the mood you want to offer your guests. It is also important that you consider how people will live in the space while they are there. It is the little things that count. As someone who has spent a lot of time on holiday and using other accommodation, and who has considered setting up my own Bed and Breakfast, I have done extensive research on what makes the difference. I am also expert in social media and marketing your brand. Setting up the home or unit is not just about adding the basics, it is about imagining the way your guests will feel, what their needs will be while they are there, how it fits with the local area, what target market you are going for and making you stand out. Creating your brand and following through leads to good reviews, and referrals to their friends and family - which leads to increased business for you! You need to consider the wear and tear - it is a balance between having a lovely environment, with the way your property will be working hard for the ongoing stream of guests you will have!
- The package kicks off with a 1 hour consultation via skype or zoom for $229. Head here to book. This can be in person for people in the Adelaide area.
- Rates then range from $269 - $569 per room depending on size of the project/how many rooms, and what is needed.
- This includes working with what you already have, as well as sourcing all items needed, from the rugs and cushions, to the furniture, and even the crockery and cutlery! Of course all with a sustainable touch, and within your budget.
- This can be provided via e-styling and online services anywhere in Australia. You will need to supply photos and do the installation but I will provide all links, moodboards etc
- Travel costs apply if you are wanting me to attend the property and do the styling and installation. If your location is in a regional area requiring me to stay away from home, additional time, travel and accommodation costs apply.
- Head here to make payment and then I will be in touch within 4 days to arrange the first consult.
Do you have a blog, magazine or other writing need? I am your woman!
I have been writing since I was literally 5 years old. And it really is my passion. I have been blogging since 2001, when I started my online journey.
I have written a number of books, self published a children's picture book and my Healthy Planet, Healthy People Healthy Home book, developed content for websites, blogs, apps and brochures. I have had articles published in a range of online and print magazines and blogs including realestate.com.au, Glam Adelaide, Huffington Post, Diabetic Living, Nest, and Fleurieu Living Magazines. Hit me with your brief and let me do the rest.
Tanya, decorating client
I lost all my homemaking desire and skills over the years due to a series of events and circumstances, I was just worn down with having dreams but never living them ....in the end even dreaming the dreams got lost on me. So when I came across Helen at Recycled Interiors things started to change for me. I do not live in my own home, and after our initital consultation, it became apparent very quickly from the emails and messages that Helen sent me with pix of things she was sourcing on my behalf ... that she was definately on my page, and I really got excited about making some permanent purchases, without spending any money on structural improvements, just things that I could move along with if that time ever comes. She came back with bits and peices ideas and thoughts to run past me and surprisingly most of everything she was sourcing was absolutely to my taste....it was like I was not sure of what I liked myself until Helen sensed it in me and then showed me what it was! Helen is a massive talent with an abundant energy for this business. She has what seems to be to me an amazing eye for detail and concepts. This has been a massive win for me as I really dont have the time or inclination to go sourcing on-line or in-house. Having Helen constantly throw ideas and thoughts my way was empowering for me as well as the comfort of knowing that someone was holding my hand through all my previous indecisiveness. An exciting adventure for me....which isn't over yet...and I would absolutely recommend anyone going on an adventure with Helen....you will NEVER regret it!
Peter - Decorating Client
We used Helen to help us select paint colours for a refresh of the interior and exterior of our home. Nothing was too much trouble. Very collaborative and willing to both listen to our preferences as well as provide her own opinion. Helen was happy to get as involved as we needed and wasn't pushy and is such a lovely person to deal with. Recommended.
Helene - Decorating Client
I consulted Helen at Recycled Interiors regarding the south facing Dining Room in my 1940's house. It was quite dark, & had previously been a kitchen. I wanted to maximise space & light & retain thematic links to the original '40's house. Helen provided a large vintage Wall Unit + Dining chairs which she had sourced, and advised me on how they could be upcycled to fit my desired themes. She also provided extensive advice regarding colour & texture for the whole room, & how the wall unit & chairs might be refinished in order to fit in with the theme & also with the existing Dining table, which I inherited & wanted to retain. Her advice regarding wall & floor finishes fitted perfectly with my own ideas. I found her to be creative & very prepared to listen to my ideas & wishes.