Social Media For Sustainable Brands
Make sense of what seems like a whole new world & harness the power of social media for your business successStart Today!
Helen’s Social Media Following
Unless you have been hiding under a rock you know that social media is critical to any great business now. You can not ignore it! But if you are not getting it right, you are wasting time, energy and money, on randomly sharing the wrong messages, that are not getting to the right people.
Not only that but you are probably suffering social media burn out – it’s a thing! A strong and targeted social media strategy will strengthen and grow your business, as well as creating real connections with customers – adding a humanity to your brand.
Sustainable brands, makers and creators have very special messages to share. You want to attract and then engage the right people, create relationships & turn them into happy customers! Social Media is a powerhouse in doing that when you know how, what, when, where and why.
Here are some of the latest stats for you from the latest Sensis Social Media Report
How It Works
- As soon as you register you’ll be sent a welcome email with your login details to the course site
- You will be invited to our exclusive Facebook group.
- You can start whenever you want! You have access to all material immediately so you can get started when it suits YOU & move as fast or slow as you need.
- You will have access to the course forever (or as long as we have the site but that is likely to be forever!)
What’s In The Course?
Week one is about getting to know your goals & purpose, understanding which social media platforms work best for your brand & overcoming fear of putting yourself out there.
Week two is about blogging & content marketing for sustainable & creative brands, knowing your audience, auditing your current channels & content planning.
Week three is all about online influence, standing out, consistency, timing, dealing with constant platform changes, community engagement and growth.
Week four is about analytics, reporting, tips & tricks for increased engagement, the power of the list, self care, pulling it all together, collaborating & change making.
After The Course?
You will feel, know, and understand all of the following:
- Clarity on your purpose, values and your ‘WHY’
- How to connect the dots from your ‘WHY’ to your social channels
- A Social Media Strategy
- 6 Steps to Successful Social Media
- Plans for selling the messages you have developed about your brand
- Knock-out social media profiles that say who you are and what you can do for people
- A clearer voice and a feeling that you can be courageous
- Tips for dealing with bullies and trolls
- All the lowdown on what a blog is and why you need one
- Basic understanding of SEO and keywords
- Important aspects of a good website
- Understanding the power of content marketing
- An audit of your current social media channels & addition of any you need to add, plus deletion of any that may not be working
- Ways to better plan content
- Improved writing skills – how, what, where and why
- Tips for Visual Merchandising online
- How to create and engage genuine community
- Finding balance, preventing burn-out and creating change
- The special nature of sustainable/green, maker and creator brands
- The kinds of messages you want to share
- How to influence, educate and sell
- The power of the list & offline events
- How online communities work and how to find your tribe and build community
- Understanding your followers and what they want depending on platform
- The importance of failure and how to deal with criticism online
- The importance of creative wellness
- Putting it all together and being grateful
There is no time like right now
Get Lifetime Access to the 4 Week course
A Little Secret…
EVERYONE worries about social media sometimes! It is not the kind of thing you love all the time, just like your business! AND you do not have to get it right all the time either! Authenticity is a powerful thing.
- Even the biggest and most successful social media stars worry about how they look online and what they are saying
- Yes it is important to consider how your brand looks out there, but being real is something that attracts many more people – authenticity is key
- Worrying about lack of followers is normal, but really the thing you want to look at is engagement – that is far more powerful than what we call vanity metrics
How the Internet Saved My Life & I Found My Voice
I started my journey with the internet waaaay back in 2001 – before there was even any social media! I was fascinated by the ways that we could create community & connect with each other using the web.
At the time, I was burnt out & living with depression & anxiety from my work in child protection and the internet literally saved my life.
It prompted me to quit my job and start an online counselling service and community for people with diabetes, as I have lived with type 1 diabetes since I was 12 years old. It was so successful I ran it for 15 years, was selected as a state finalist in the Telstra Business Women’s Awards and the Australian of the Year awards this year. I only recently closed this business.
I went through a change of career back in 2013, from being a social worker and diabetes educator, to become a highly respected voice for sustainable decorating, design and living, as a writer, blogger, speaker and podcaster. I have successfully sold that sustainable message, since I started Recycled Interiors nearly 4 years ago & this is now my full time gig.
This has resulted in:
- becoming one of Australia’s top bloggers
- a top 30 home and lifestyle blogs kidspot voices of 2015
- being listed as the number 1 sustainable living blog via catablog
- growing to over 130,000 online followers
- publishing my recent book ( a long held dream)
- launching a podcast and the Sustainable Home Hub!
- being asked to speak at numerous green and sustainable living events and festivals, as well as being asked to be a judge in the International Green Interior Awards 2017! (which I am very excited about!).
How Have I Done That?
Mostly via social media and knowing how to communicate well and in different ways, with people online. I am not telling you this to brag, but to show you how powerful social media can be when you share the right messages, the ones that are authentic, AND when you know how to do it.
In this course I will be sharing some of the ways you can do this for your business, grow your voice on social media, increase engagement and connect with your customers and community.
- Helen’s eCourse in social media & business was the perfect place to get our start-up social media strategies in order. With first hand experience in shaping the social media landscape in Australia, we were able to simplify this often scary world, and get simple effective steps to ensure we engage the right audience. We are certain the advice has saved us time, improved our focus, and helped create a clear, strong message for Austockphoto!
Kassandra and Matt – Austockphoto
- I chose to do Helen’s course as I felt I needed some tips when it came to social media for my business. I was new to Instagram and while I had my Facebook page up and running, I felt like I was constantly behind on the social media front. The workshop was invaluable. It was practical, well set out and structured with an excellent pace that works for everyone from beginners to more experienced small business owners. I’m still using strategies I learnt and can highly recommend it to anyone feeling lost when it comes to social media and the world of blogging!
Charlene Maney – Fleurieu Gifts
- Helen Edwards is an expert on social media strategy. She helped develop a strategy for an innovative online course at one of Australia’s leading research Universities; founded Australia’s most influential online diabetes service, and is one of Australia’s top bloggers. You will get evidence-based strategy for your business, combined with current trends on social media.
Dr Isabelle Skinner, Charles Darwin University
- An absolute delight to work with on your business and social media needs! Warm and incredibly generous, with vast knowledge of social media and blogging, shared in an easy to understand way. You will get smart practical advice, which you can start using on your social media channels for your business straight away, to get better results and increased engagement in what you have to offer.
Jessica Watts Art
- I couldn’t have asked for a better social media and business mentor. I now have lots of ways to increase my social media reach and engagement for my art business, which I have put into place on my social channels, with good results. Thank you so much for your valuable insight into online business and your passion to share your knowledge with a small business like mine!
Jessica Crawford Art
- Helen Edwards has a solid working knowledge at the coal face of small to medium businesses for social media challenges and opportunities. Hers is a unique voice that has worn many hats, and could be of help to your sustainable or creative business.
Megan Morton Stylist
You will also get:
- Along with lifetime access to the course content so you can go at your own pace – lifetime access to a private Facebook group to connect with other people on the same sustainable, maker and creator social media journey.
- Discount on your first year of listing on the Sustainable Home Hub for $99 (valued at $149) – please get in touch if you want to take up this offer.
- Access to me when you need it during the course – you can email me at any time.
Bonus Interviews with experts & creatives rocking social media for their Business:
Ellen Jackson from Potential Psychology is a psychologist who does things differently. She writes about people and why we do what we do on her blog. She coaches people in their businesses, she teaches and she helps workplaces to solve their people problems. She brings a deep understanding about what makes people tick and how to build this into your social media messaging. Ellen will also talk with us in the bonus section of the course about how to care for your wellbeing and prevent social media burnout when you run and online business, and how she has used social media and blogging in her practice. Visit Ellen's Website
Kate Toon is an award-winning SEO copywriter and SEO consultant with almost two decades of experience in all things advertising, digital and writing. Originally from the UK but now based just outside of Sydney, she has worked with big brands including eHarmony, Curash and Kmart. And she’s helped countless small businesses produce great content and improve their copywriting and SEO. Kate is also the founder of The Clever Copywriting School and The Recipe for SEO Success eCourse, as well as co-host on the Hot Copy Podcast. She presents the Write for Business show for the Dale Beaumont’s Business Blueprint channel. She will help you understand the basics of SEO in a warm, funny and useful way. Visit Kate's Website
Tatum works with businesses to develop, implement and manage their digital marketing strategy at Hardwood Digital. She can help you create a consistent brand voice and demonstrate real authority that builds trust with your audience through distribution of relevant and interesting bespoke content. Drawing on extensive experience across facets of content marketing, lead generation, paid online advertising, blogging and strategic planning, she offers a complete digital marketing solution. She is an expert in website design and development, email marketing, paid traffic (Facebook, YouTube & Adwords advertising) and content creation and distribution. She has also grown numerous successful online businesses, and has loads to share with you! Visit Tatum's Website
Charlene Maney, is the proud owner of two “tweenagers”, a husband, a dog, chickens and a little business called Fleurieu Gifts. She creates the most beautiful and sustainable alternatives to cut flowers using living plants – with sustainable succulent gardens. Fleurieu Gifts provide a fully sustainable mini-garden in every gift, and the purpose is to bring gift-giving to life by providing a beautiful, eco-friendly alternative to cut flowers. Charlene’s story of leaving the corporate world to start her creative business is inspiring, and will teach you things about social media and online business and how to leverage these, as well as courage in business and on social media, in striking out on your dream path. Visit Charlene's Website