Do you worry about what impact your actions are having on the health of the planet? Would you love to do more but feel overwhelmed? Are you passionate about your home & your own unique style but not sure where to start, or can not find what you need?
You have come to the right place! At Recycled Interiors we are on a mission to stop fast interiors fashion, encourage slow homes and time spent living in them rather than making them look like a magazine, refuse consumption of unethical, poorly made items, and increase sustainable living.
Join us and celebrate diversity and your own style, connect more with each other, and reject trends.
We want you to stop comparing, don't judge each other, #dropthemumguilt and love where you live with our #realhomesmovement.
Stop worrying about what other people think about your home and more about what you can do to be happier, healthier, and create a home you love that's better for you, your family and our planet.
Helen's Real Homes Story
I have spent many years decorating my home in my own unique style and cherishing the stories that lie behind old stuff. I grew up with bohemian parents who valued the environment and were passionate about people and planet. I have also lived with depression and anxiety in my past, and I saw so many people also getting stressed about life, it made me want to do more. So many people are yearning to go back to a slower pace of life, to appreciate difference and connect with what matters in life – and so Recycled Interiors was born in April 2013.
I have spent my life helping, nurturing and loving human beings, animals and our earth. I am a genuine tree hugger and passionate about living a life that leaves this beautiful planet in a state that allows future generations and other creatures we share the world with, to live long and well.
From when I was a little girl being banned from watching Lassie (yes really!) because I was too worried about her being left behind during the opening credits (yes that was before the show even got into the multitude of crises she faced!), to my career as a social worker, my founding of a national diabetes charity, and my work at Recycled Interiors -helping people is really what floats my boat.
How Recycled Interiors & The Hub Can Help You
Recycled Interiors & The Sustainable Home Hub is your go-to resource for being sustainable, healthy and happy at home.
We are on a mission to help you create a home YOU love, not one dictated by other people and invite you to join our #realhomesmovement, and encourage you to reject fast fashion in interiors.
No matter how big or small, whether it has cracks and knocks, needs some work or is perfect the way it is – your home is YOURS. NEVER let anyone tell you that you are “outdated” or that you are just not “on trend”. At Recycled Interiors we don’t believe in trends.
I post each week on the Recycled Blog - sharing all sorts of stories about sustainable businesses, eco friendly products, vintage and boho style tips, and hoe to create a home that is better for you and the planet. I also write poetry quite often and will share inspirational posts and images, as well as DIY and upcycling tips, projects from our readers, house tours and more.
Sustainable Home Hub
We are so proud to be growing Australia's largest directory specifically targeted at sharing sustainable design+build+decorate businesses who can help you tread more lightly on the planet when designing, building and decorating your home. Add your business here.
The Recycled Interiors Online Store is very unique because it is not just a vintage store, or a green store - it is filled with a combination of beautiful boho bedding; vintage and antique homewares and collectibles; ethically made recycled rugs; handmade pots, bowls & baskets; amazing upcycled bags and plastic bag alternatives to help in your plastic free living; eco friendly cleaning products; and more. Join the Recycled Club to make sure you are earning dollars every time you shop.
Do you want a more sustainable lifestyle? Make more yourself, do more yourself, grow your own, eat healthier, take care of your family and our planet and create a home you can love? In my Book - Healthy Planet, Healthy People, Healthy Home: Create a Sustainable Home You Love" you will take small steps, to make a difference to the sustainability of our planet, increase your health and happiness and tread more lightly on the earth. Find my Book Here at the store.
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY
- Join our 5 Days to a More Sustainable Home e Course – it is FREE! And as a bonus, grab a FREE copy of my e book, Tips for a Happy Healthy Home, plus a 20% discount on my new book – Healthy Planet, Healthy People, Healthy Home – and get access to our private Facebook community group
- Read the blog here
- Listen to the Podcast here
- And join our community of passionate recyclers of over 130,000 people on Facebook Pinterest and Instagram
A Sustainable Home
- Drop the mum guilt & create a home you love
- Read why vintage decorating is good for you
- Check out some fabulous house tours here
- One of our most popular posts Duncan Meerding and his Cracked Log Lamps
- The one about the time I painted a roadside find fabric chair with chalk paint– yup you can do that!
- The one about 10 funky upcycled lounge ideas
- The one about the Retrash project, with upcycling inspiration galore, and the Offcyclers and their amazing upcycling that will blow your mind here
- And one of our most popular house tours – Gina’s vintage home
GET HAPPY & HEALTHY
- Read why you should think before you shop
- Learn some tips in the post about “Screw You Stress”
- Read the ten reasons why you matter more than anyone else, yes you do!
- Find a whole lot of talent in our interviews & learn from their stories
- Read all about the 5 things you need to stop doing right now for your wellbeing
- Check out some ideas about how to build an earthship
- Come see if you agree with me that there is nothing wrong with nanna style decorating!
- You may like Home Fitting In and Why You Shouldn’t
Latest at the Recycled Interiors Online Store
Head to the store for all your sustainable, vintage, boho, eco and ethically made homewares and more
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY
Stop comparing or trying to keep up with The Joneses and love your REAL home! Join us xx Helen