Welcome to Recycled Interiors & The Sustainable Home Hub
Welcome and thanks for being here. Recycled Interiors & The Sustainable Home Hub is your go-to resource for being sustainable, healthy and happy at home. We are on a mission to help you create a home YOU love, not one dictated by other people and invite you to join our real homes movement, encourage you to reject fast fashion in interiors and #dropthemumguilt
No matter how big or small, whether it has cracks and knocks, needs some work or is perfect the way it is – your home is YOURS. Whether you rent, buy, or live at home, you have the right to create a space that makes you feel happy and secure.
NEVER let anyone tell you that you are “outdated” or that you are just not “on trend”. At Recycled Interiors we don’t believe in trends.
We do believe in YOUR style being perfect and in creating a beautiful home that feels just like you. We want to help you create a home that is better for you and the planet through our blog posts, tips and inspiration, sharing the wonderful businesses on the Sustainable Home Hub who can help you tread more lightly on the planet, and our #realhomesmovement
If you believe in a happy healthy life, that cares for you, your family and the planet; if you love decorating and design, DIY, op shopping, pottering in the garden and a good cup of tea, you have come to the right place!
Caring for your home, your family and yourself, can be hard work. Making changes at home, trying to be more sustainable and take steps to create a home that is healthy, can feel impossible sometimes. It is easy to get overwhelmed. But each small step you take, each small step we all take, makes a big, gorgeous, combined impact on the health of our planet, you, your family and your home. It is all connected.
If you want to explore and get lots of helpful information, inspiration and ideas, here are a few places to start.
Sign up to grab your new customer discount voucher and get shopping in our online store for plastic bag alternatives, eco cleaning, recycled homewares and fairtrade items in our specially curated online store. My aim is to offer alternatives for when you need something for your home, rather than shopping for items that may be damaging to you and our planet.
Visit the blog for tips and inspiration about creating a home you love that’s better for you and our planet.
And check out some of the top posts and pages below. I look forward to getting to know you more
Create a Sustainable Home
- Drop the mum guilt & create a home you love
- Read why vintage decorating is good for you
- Check out some fabulous house tours here
- One of our most popular posts Duncan Meerding and his Cracked Log Lamps
- The one about the time I painted a roadside find fabric chair with chalk paint– yup you can do that!
- The one about 10 funky upcycled lounge ideas
- The one about the Retrash project, with upcycling inspiration galore, and the Offcyclers and their amazing upcycling that will blow your mind here
- And one of our most popular house tours – Gina’s vintage home
Get Happy & Healthy
- Read why you should think before you shop
- Learn some tips in the post about “Screw You Stress”
- Read the ten reasons why you matter more than anyone else, yes you do!
- Find a whole lot of talent in our interviews & learn from their stories
- Read all about the 5 things you need to stop doing right now for your wellbeing
- Check out some ideas about how to build an earthship
- Come see if you agree with me that there is nothing wrong with nanna style decorating!
- You may like Home Fitting In and Why You Shouldn’t
Join Our Community
- Join our 5 Days to a More Sustainable Home e Course – it is FREE! And as a bonus, grab a FREE copy of my e book, Tips for a Happy Healthy Home, plus a 20% discount on my new book – Healthy Planet, Healthy People, Healthy Home – and get access to our private Facebook community group
- Read the blog here
- Listen to the Podcast here
- Grab my new book here
- Shop in our online store
- Join our 30 Days Healthy Happy & Sustainable at Home Programme
- And join our community of passionate recyclers of over 130,000 people on Facebook Pinterest and Instagram