Do you worry about what impact your actions are having on the health of the planet? Would you love to do more but feel overwhelmed? Are you passionate about your home & your own unique style but not sure where to start, or can not find what you need?
You have come to the right place!
Welcome to Recycled Interiors, Australia's Green Home & Living Hub. We are your home for sustainable decorating & design, where we help you create a beautiful sustainable home. I am Helen Edwards - Mama, Blogger and Product and Interior Stylist. At Recycled Interiors you will find our very popular blog, product styling & sustainable home decorating services and our Sustainable Home Hub Directory, and online store.
We are on a mission to encourage slower homes, that refuse consumption of unethical, poorly made items, and increase sustainable living. Celebrate diversity, love your own style, and connect more with each other. Stop worrying about what other people think and more about what you can do to be happier, healthier, and create a home you love that's better for you, your family and our planet.
At Recycled Interiors we believe in YOUR style being perfect and in creating a beautiful home that treads more lightly on the planet
If you believe in a happy healthy life, that cares for you, your family and the planet; if you love vintage, boho and unique decorating and design, DIY, op shopping, pottering in the garden and a good cup of tea, you have come to the right place!
Helen's Real Homes Story
A qualified designer and stylist, I have spent many years decorating my home in my own unique style and cherishing the stories that lie behind old stuff. I grew up with bohemian parents who valued the environment and were passionate about people and planet. So many people are yearning to go back to a slower pace of life, to appreciate difference and connect with what matters in life – and so Recycled Interiors was born in April 2013.
I have spent my life helping, nurturing and loving human beings, animals and our earth. I am a genuine tree hugger and passionate about living a life that leaves this beautiful planet in a state that allows future generations and other creatures we share the world with, to live long and well.
From when I was a little girl being banned from watching Lassie (yes really!) because I was too worried about her being left behind during the opening credits (yes that was before the show even got into the multitude of crises she faced!), to my career as a social worker, my founding of a national diabetes charity, and my work as a blogger, designer and stylist at Recycled Interiors - helping people and our planet, is really what floats my boat. Read more about us here.
How Recycled Interiors & The Hub Can Help You
We are on a mission to create Australia's biggest green home & living hub! We want to help you create a home YOU love, not one dictated by other people and invite you to join our #realhomesmovement, and encourage you to reject fast fashion in interiors.
No matter how big or small, whether it has cracks and knocks, needs some work or is perfect the way it is – your home is YOURS.
Regularly check out the Recycled Blog - sharing all sorts of stories about sustainable businesses, eco friendly products, vintage and boho style tips, and how to create a home that is better for you and the planet.We also share inspirational posts and images, as well as DIY and upcycling tips, decorating and styling ideas, projects from our readers, house tours and more.
Sustainable Home Hub
We are so proud to be growing Australia's largest green home & living directory specifically targeted at sharing sustainable design+build+decorate+living businesses who can help you tread more lightly on the planet
Check out the hub and add your business here.
Our little Recycled Interiors Online Store offers a combination of vintage homewares and collectibles; ethically made recycled rugs; eco cleaning and upcycled bags and plastic bag alternatives to help in your plastic free living and more. Join the Recycled Club to make sure you are earning dollars every time you shop.
Styling and Decorating Services
I offer product and home styling services with a sustainable touch.
In your consult we will work through what you can do to be more sustainable in your choice of furniture, finishes and so on - and then you can create your look, confident in your choices. Or I can do the leg work for you and source any new items, as well as do the installation and styling for you in Adelaide.
If you have a business and would like to have me style and photograph products for your social media, let's chat!
Head here for all of the services.
Do you want a more sustainable lifestyle? Make more yourself, do more yourself, grow your own, eat healthier, take care of your family and our planet and create a home you can love? In my Book - Healthy Planet, Healthy People, Healthy Home: Create a Sustainable Home You Love" you will take small steps, to make a difference to the sustainability of our planet, increase your health and happiness and tread more lightly on the earth. Find my Book Here at the store.
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY
- Join our 5 Days to a More Sustainable Home e Course – it is FREE! And as a bonus, grab a 20% discount on my new book – Healthy Planet, Healthy People, Healthy Home, discount to our store – and get access to our private Facebook community group
- Read the blog here
- Listen to the Podcast here
- And join our community of passionate recyclers of over 130,000 people on Facebook Pinterest and Instagram
Create A Sustainable Home
- Drop the mum guilt & create a home you love
- Read why vintage decorating is good for you
- Check out some fabulous house tours here
- One of our most popular posts Duncan Meerding and his Cracked Log Lamps
- The one about the time I painted a roadside find fabric chair with chalk paint– yup you can do that!
- The one about 10 funky upcycled lounge ideas
- The one about the Retrash project, with upcycling inspiration galore, and the Offcyclers and their amazing upcycling that will blow your mind here
- And one of our most popular house tours – Gina’s vintage home
GET HAPPY & HEALTHY
- Read why you should think before you shop
- Learn some tips in the post about “Screw You Stress”
- Read the ten reasons why you matter more than anyone else, yes you do!
- Find a whole lot of talent in our interviews & learn from their stories
- Read all about the 5 things you need to stop doing right now for your wellbeing
- Check out some ideas about how to build an earthship
- Come see if you agree with me that there is nothing wrong with nanna style decorating!
- You may like Home Fitting In and Why You Shouldn’t
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY
Stop comparing or trying to keep up with The Joneses and love your REAL home! Join us xx Helen